Sunday, February 7, 2010

"Global Warming" Aftermath

My area is still cleaning up 30 inches of "products of global warming".  From 9am to 4pm I was out there digging out walkway and car.  At 7:30pm, my street is still not plowed (yes, I was not able to make it to Mass today).  Here are some pictures.

I was halfway from removing the snow from my car when I decided to take this, to give an idea of the amount of "climate change" we endured.  I assure you, my forearms and wrists are still hurting.  I literally shoveled it from my car (very gingerly, to avoid scratching the paint).  In the background is a neighbor's car, covered by fallen branches from a pine tree.  The snow was a wet one, which can be very heavy.  Fortunately that caused no power outages in my area.


Now to the right is my back yard.  That white thing on the left is about 3 feet of snow piled on top of my barbeque grill.  Immediately to the right of the wall is a similar pile on top of my heat pump.  The pile in the middle is (or maybe was) a bush.  You can see how the split-rail fence (with 3 rails) is almost buried.

Guess what?  We're under a winter storm watch, beginning this coming Tuesday!  Isn't global warming fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and courteous to others on this blog. We reserve the right to delete comments that violate courtesy and/or those that promote dissent from the Magisterium of the Roman Catholic Church.