Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Notre Dame Newspaper Rejects Column by Charles Rice

I read from my friend at Les Femmes that Dr. Charles Rice, renowned for his fidelity to the Church and who has for some time written a regular column for The Observer (campus newspaper)  had his column rejected because he presented correctly the Church's teaching on homosexuality.  The Les Femmes article has all relevant contact information.  I wrote to the editor.  Because I highly suspect that my letter won't be printed in that paper, I reproduce it below:

"Mr. Gamber, I read the correspondence between you and Dr. Rice regarding your rejection of his article. Need I remind you, sir, that you edit a Catholic newspaper? Accordingly, you are solemnly charged with presenting the teaching of the Magisterium as such. It is not just a "viewpoint"; it represents God's will with regards to the topic of the disorder known as homosexuality. Apparently the liberal powers-that-be do not consider Holy Mother Church to be politically correct - but so what? You, as the editor of a Catholic newspaper, are charged with presenting Church teaching, not with spouting politically correct pabulum. If that is disagreeable to you, perhaps you should resign as editor. Thank you."

I then advised him that the letter is reproduced here. Please write your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and courteous to others on this blog. We reserve the right to delete comments that violate courtesy and/or those that promote dissent from the Magisterium of the Roman Catholic Church.