Thursday, February 13, 2014

"Guess How Many Genders" Revisited

Almost three years ago I wrote a post in which I expressed disgust that some dopey commission determined that there were twenty-three (23) genders.  I ended the post by predicting that some other cockamamie organization might cough up new "genders".  When I'm correct, I am correct with a bang!

Now it seems that there are fifty (50!) of these "genders"!  At least there are, according to Facebook!  When one signs up for a Facebook account, that little gender drop-down box doesn't indicate merely "male" or "female".  One can select among the fifty suggested offerings. For good measure, an applicant can dream up another; yes, Facebook allows for that - all in the name of "diversity" of course!  Heaven only knows the precise definitions of these "genders", and how these politically-correct and common-sense-challenged individuals differentiate among them.

Probably in a year or two, the Facebook list will be obsolete.  And they'll happily keep adding to the list - and confusion - no doubt.

2 comments:

  1. I personally like your politically-correct and common-sense challenged individuals! Hard to remember, but boy I'm going to try and use it some day. God bless. signing out as one who is not gender-confused...Made by the Creator: female

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing illustrates the insanity of our culture more than this. It reminds me of what my children said when they were little in response to the question, "What do you want to be when you agree." Among the answers were these. "When I grow up I want to be a school bus." and "When I grow up I want to be a snowman." I imagine these could be added to the gender list. The people who play these games are locked in permanent make-believe. Guess they never read St. Paul's scripture. "When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I felt as a child, I reasoned as a child; when I became a man, I had done with what belonged to the child." When Jesus told us to become like little children, He certainly didn't mean we should act like childish boobies.

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful and courteous to others on this blog. We reserve the right to delete comments that violate courtesy and/or those that promote dissent from the Magisterium of the Roman Catholic Church.